Easy, fresh salad with a dressing to die for.
For the Dressing
- 2 tbs vegan mayo
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Probiotic Dairy Free Yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tsp maple syrup
- 1tbs + 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
For the Salad
- 1 delicata squash, cut in half, deseeded, and sliced into 1/4-inch segments 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 persimmons, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4-5 heaping cups of mixed greens 1⁄2 cup pecans halves
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Scatter delicata squash slices into a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until squash is tender. Remove from oven and allow the squash to cool.
Combine the mayo, yogurt, mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl, and whisk to combine. While continuously whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil in a steady stream. Once combined, whisk in the tarragon. Taste the dressing and add any additional salt or pepper as needed. Set the dressing aside until ready to use.
In a large bowl toss together the mixed greens, persimmons, pomegranate seeds, and chopped pecans. Add about 1/2 of the dressing, tossing to coat. Toss in remaining dressing as needed.
Divide between 4 salad bowls and enjoy!