I love oatmeal. No, I mean I reallyyyyyy love oatmeal! I especially enjoy building different flavors with all kinds of different mix-ins and toppings. This baked version, made with a banana-based custard, also means you can make your oatmeal ahead of time, then just heat up a portion in the microwave when you are ready to eat.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened baked coconut chips
- 2 very ripe small bananas
- 2 cups Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk (or Vanilla Almondmilk)
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup Califia Farms Pecan Caramel Creamer
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 cup banana (or plantain) chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9” square baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together the rolled oats and coconut chips in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the bananas, Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk, agave nectar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a blender and purée into a creamy custard. Pour the custard into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden on top and slightly firm. Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes, just to allow the oats to set up.
- While the oats are baking, spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant. While the pecans are still hot, toss them in the plant-based butter and a pinch of salt. Allow to cool.
- To serve, cut into squares, then place a square in a bowl, drizzle with Califia Farms Pecan Caramel Creamer and sprinkle with toasted pecans and crushed banana chips. Enjoy!