This dairy-free Broccoli "Cheddar" Soup is the vegan and dairy-free version of the classic, bold-flavored meal. An easy way to get tons of veggies in while still feeling comforting, this soup comes together in just over 30 minutes, making it a great weeknight option.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 broccoli head, chopped into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch + 3 tablespoons warm water
- Begin by adding olive oil to a medium-sized pot (a dutch oven works well here) over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for about 1-2 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Add in the carrots, corn, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, turmeric, and dried parsley, stirring everything together until coated and combined.
- Add Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk, vegetable broth, stir, and bring everything to a boil. Once boiling begins, reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the broccoli florets and stir to incorporate.
- Let everything continue to simmer for another 15-20 minutes or until veggies are completely cooked through and tender.
- In the last 5 minutes of the simmering process, add in an arrowroot slurry (arrowroot + water mixed together in a small bowl) and stir until soup begins to thicken. Repeat this step once again, if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!