This Caramel Pecan Skillet Brownie is true decadence at its finest without the need for dairy! If you’re looking for an over-the-top dessert to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.’s day or any other day, this skillet brownie is the perfect treat.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 flax “eggs” (4 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 8 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup vegan caramel, for drizzle
- 1 vegan chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 10-inch, oven-safe cast iron skillet with vegan butter.
- Begin by adding the flaxseed meal + water to a small bowl, stirring until combined and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. This vegan mixture will work in place of eggs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and sugar together, whisking until combined. Add in the flaxseed meal mixture, Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Now, add in flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder, mixing everything together a spatula or wooden spoon, until fully combined. Fold in half of the toasted pecans and half of the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and evenly spread. Sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans and chocolate over the top of batter, lightly pressing them in.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center comes out mostly clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with dairy-free ice cream and/or vegan caramel sauce. Enjoy!