These Chocolate Coffee Waffles are the perfect decadent treat to kick start your morning! These waffles are soft, airy, and naturally sweetened with a kick of espresso and bold chocolate flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Califia Farms Pure Black Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 cup Califia Farms Original Oatmilk
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, dissolvable
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Fresh berries of your choice, optional
- Pure maple syrup, for drizzling
- Preheat your waffle maker to a desired setting -- we used medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, espresso, and sea salt.
- Create a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and add the Califia Farms Pure Black Cold Brew, Original Oatmilk, coconut oil, vanilla, and agave.
- Stir together until fully incorporated and the batter looks smooth. Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes as it will slightly thicken while the ingredients activate. After 3 minutes, the batter should be "pourable" but not too runny. It should lightly coat a whisk.
- Spoon the batter into your waffle maker (using about 1/2 cup of batter at a time) and cook, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Once each waffle is finished cooking, add them a baking sheet and place it in the oven on the lowest setting to keep waffles warm. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- To serve, stack waffles and top with fresh berries and maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!