We can't decide what we love more about this Chocolate Mug Cake recipe -- the fact that it takes one minute to cook, or that it's low(er) in sugar thanks to our Zero Sugar Oatmilk. Perfect for midnight snacks or those moments where your sweet tooth is requesting dessert, stat.
Cook Time: 1 minute
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ + ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or other neutral oil
- 4 ½ tablespoons Califia Farms Zero Sugar Oatmilk
- 2 tablespoons dairy free mini chocolate chips, divided
- Powdered sugar, optional garnish
- To a 10-ounce or larger microwave safe cup, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder (if using), and mix well to combine.
- Mix in the grapeseed oil and Zero Sugar Oatmilk until a smooth batter forms. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips, then sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of chips on top of the batter.
- Place the mug in the microwave on high for 60-70 seconds, or until the cake is cooked through. Cooking time may vary slightly depending on wattage of one’s microwave.
- Dust powdered sugar on top and enjoy while warm!