Recipe by Kristan Raines
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
For the Cinnamon Filling:
3 tbs vegan butter, room temp
4 tbs brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
3 oz vegan cream cheese, room temp
1 tbsp vegan butter, room temp
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Oatmilk, as needed
For the Pancakes:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbs granulated sugar
1 tbs baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup + 2 tbs Vanilla Oatmilk
1 tbs melted coconut oil
Everyone loves fresh cinnamon rolls in the morning, but they probably love homemade pancakes just as much. This recipe combines both these tasty treats in a way that compromises neither and satisfies everyone.
- Begin by making the cinnamon filling. Add the softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a small bowl. Use a spoon or a fork and mix everything together until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a plastic piping or small ziplock bag and cut off the tip or corner of the bag. Set aside.
- For the frosting, add the vegan cream cheese and butter to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and no lumps remain. Mix in the powdered sugar, then add the oat milk, one teaspoon at a time if a thinner frosting is desired. Set aside.
- For the pancakes, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the oat milk and coconut oil and gently fold together until just combined. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- While the batter is resting, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or some neutral oil and spoon ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan.
- Allow the pancake to cook for about 1 minute, then use the piping bag to create a cinnamon swirl by starting in the middle and circling out. Be sure to press the filling into the batter slightly with the piping bag as you create your swirl.
- Once the top of the pancake begins to look slightly dry, flip the pancake and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Wipe down the skillet with a moist paper towel to wipe up any brown sugar that may be left behind. Repeat this process for the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes while hot with a hearty drizzle of the cream cheese frosting.