There's nothing better than finishing off a long week with a cozy comfort meal. This Creamy Vodka Pasta is constantly trending, and for good reason! We love this simple recipe that comes together in no time.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- ½ cup Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk
- 1 pound pasta shape of your choice, we used fusilli
- 1/4 cup pasta water (adjust with more if needed)
- Dash of nutritional yeast (optional)
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, sweat out garlic and onions until they are translucent and shimmering.
- In the meantime, heat another pot with water until boiling. Salt the boiling water and add in dry pasta, cook until al dente (usually 1-2 minutes less than the directions on the box).
- Add in tomato paste and let it cook down until it's a burnt red color. Add in vodka and reduce that down. If you prefer to omit the vodka, you can use a squeeze of fresh lemon juice in its place, or avoid completely.
- Next, add in Extra Creamy Almondmilk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Toss in pasta and pasta water, and stir until each noodle is fully coated in the sauce. Feel free to adjust with nutritional yeast or other seasonings at this point. Finish with salt, pepper and serve!