Cook Time: 45-55
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 1hr 25 min
This hearty soup filled with vegetables, wild rice, and delicious almondmilk creamer is the perfect warm meal to enjoy on a cold, winter night.
3 tbs olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
¾ cup diced carrot
1 cup diced celery
6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup wild rice blend
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
1. Warm the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onions, a large pinch of salt, and a crack or two of fresh pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme sprigs, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to evenly coat. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the wild rice and the beans followed by the stock and the water, and give the soup a few good stirs to combine. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer.
5. Place the lid on the pot and allow the soup to simmer for 45-55 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
6. Stir in the almond creamer, and additional salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy while it's hot.