This hearty soup filled with vegetables, wild rice, and delicious Almondmilk Creamer is the perfect warm meal to enjoy on a busy weeknight.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45-55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ¾ cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup wild rice blend
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almondmilk Creamer
- Warm the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onions, a large pinch of salt, and a crack or two of fresh pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme sprigs, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to evenly coat. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wild rice and the beans, followed by the stock and the water, and give the soup a few good stirs to combine. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer.
- Place the lid on the pot and allow the soup to simmer for 45-55 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the Almondmilk Creamer, and additional salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy while it's hot.