Chloe Coscarelli has been vegan since 2004–a time when veggie burgers were still feared by the general public. Since then, she has been at the forefront of the vegan revolution: Chloe believes that vegan can still mean mouthwatering foods, and she practices what she preaches. Vegans will delight in Chloe’s creativity–and carnivores won’t miss the meat one bit.
We love this easy banana bread recipe from Chef Chloe, its a perfect addition to lunchboxes, brunch with friends and sharing with colleagues.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe bananas, mashed on a plate using the back of a fork)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Probiotic Dairy Free Yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large loaf pan and lightly dust with flour.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together banana, yogurt beverage, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chunks and save some to decorate the top of the batter.
Fill the prepared pan evenly with batter. Sprinkle some chocolate chunks on top. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry with a few crumbs clinging to it. Rotate the loaf halfway through baking time. Let cool completely before unmolding.