Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This Dairy-Free Curry Chickpea + Cauliflower Rice recipe is the perfect easy weeknight meal! Ready in no time, this flavorful dish comes with a creamy coconut-based curry sauce, that works deliciously with the chickpea, carrots, onions, and seasonings; all atop easy plant-based cauliflower rice. A killer combo, indeed!
- 1 cup Califia Farms Oat Barista Blend
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups sweet peppers, diced (can also use bell peppers)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour (can also use 1 teaspoon of arrowroot)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- Cauliflower rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil once heated. Add in the onions and garlic, sautéing until everything becomes translucent and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Next, add in the carrots and sweet peppers, continuing to sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of the seasonings (including the curry powder) along with the flour and stir until well combined, reducing the heat to medium-low.
- Pour in the Oat Barista Blend, along with the vegetable stock, and stir to combine until the sauce begins to thicken slightly. Add in the chickpeas and stir until they are coated. Bring everything to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies and chickpeas are softened and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- To serve, add a few spoonfuls of cauliflower rice to a prepared bowl and top with curry chickpea. Sprinkle with dried parsley and enjoy!