Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
This Dairy-Free Skillet Blueberry Cobbler is perfect for your Springtime baking to-do’s. So easy to make and comes bursting with bold blueberry and cinnamon flavors. Topped with fluffy, thick biscuits that include oatmeal, this cobbler is a nice healthy twist to a traditional Southern dessert. All dairy-free and vegan ingredients.
- ¾ cup Califia Farms Oat Barista Blend
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Bob Red Mill's old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup vegan butter + 2 Tablespoons (melted), for brushing
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 10-inch skillet with butter.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the blueberry filling ingredients together and mix until combined. Put the blueberry filling into the prepared skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, oats, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt, whisking everything together until well combined. Add in the butter and using two forks (or a pastry blender), blend together the butter and dry ingredients until it becomes “peas-like”. Slowly add in the Barista Oat Blend until the dough becomes moist enough to form into a ball and hold together.
- Grab about 2 Tablespoons of dough into your hands, gently rolling it into an imperfectly semi-round shape, flattened biscuit and placing it atop the blueberry filling. Repeat until all biscuits are formed and topped.
- Brush the tops of biscuits with melted butter and bake everything for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and fully baked through and fluffy while the blueberry filling becomes bubbly.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve immediately with your favorite dairy-free whipped cream or ice cream.