This decadent Double Chocolate Tart is the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover. It impresses with every bite, featuring rich, creamy flavor and a satisfying combination of crunchy and silky textures.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes + plus an overnight chill
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cup finely crushed vegan chocolate cookies (we used Oreos, with the filling removed)
- 4 ½ tablespoons salted vegan butter, melted
For the filling:
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon Califia Farms Dark Chocolate Truffle Creamer
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes, then drained
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, in its solid form
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups whipped coconut cream topping, plus more for garnish
- Dairy-free chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Add the crushed cookies and melted vegan butter to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x1 inch fluted pan with a removable bottom. Using your fingers, press the cookie mixture firmly along the base and up the sides of the tart pan. Set aside.
- For the filling, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small saucepan and stir together over very low heat until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To a blender, add the Califia Farms Dark Chocolate Truffle Creamer, cashews, dates, melted chocolate mixture, espresso powder, and salt. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the whipped coconut topping to the large bowl and gently fold it into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared tart and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Carefully cover with a piece of plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set, roughly 6-8 hours, but ideally overnight.
- Right before serving, carefully remove the rim of the tart pan, top with additional coconut whipped cream, and garnish with a handful of chocolate shavings. Enjoy!