This recipe was made by our friend Erin Jensen, a Minneapolis based food photographer, food stylist and founder of the healthy food blog, The Wooden Skillet. She loves to share her healthy recipes and lifestyle tips on her Instagram account @thewoodenskillet. When she is not behind the camera or developing recipes, Erin is a full-time lawyer, loves to be outside with her husband and two daughters or leisurely making her way through a 3-hour dinner at one of Minneapolis' best restaurants. She loves sharing snippets of her life and behind the scenes of her blog on her Instagram stories!
So creamy, so dreamy. A perfect addition to your go-to fall soups.
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped celery
- 4 1/5 cup chopped broccoli into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups vegetable broth (if Whole30 check your ingredients)
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews (soak overnight in water)
- 1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil and shallots and bring to medium-high heat; stir shallots and let reduce for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add celery and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes (add another Tablespoon of olive oil if you need to).
- Once celery has cooked down, add broccoli and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer.
- In a high-powered blender, add cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy (use a spatula to scrape down sides several times) approximately 4 minutes.
- Once your the vegetable broth has been simmering for about 5 minutes, add your cashew sauce and start stirring to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and continue stirring - soup will thicken after a couple of minutes.
- Taste and add additional salt, as desired. (I added another 1/2 Teaspoon).