Jamie Silva is the creator, recipe developer and photographer behind A Sassy Spoon—a website for home cooks and food lovers looking for classic comfort foods recipes with a fresh, seasonal, and modern twist. Born and raised from Cuban parents in South Florida, she enjoys developing recipes that evoke memories of her childhood, her rich heritage, and all the foodie adventures she's had along the way.
A delicious hearty bowl, filled with flavor and topped with a creamy avo dressing.
Dairy-Free Avocado Ranch Dressing
Vegan Cuban Bowls
- 1/3 cup avocado oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, diced small
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 green plantain, peeled and sliced in 2” slices
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- 1 can black beans, (15 oz) drained and rinsed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- Salt + pepper to taste
Assemble your bowl by evenly dividing sweet potatoes, plantains, rice, black beans and diced avocado. Drizzle with avocado ranch and serve. Enjoy!