Whether you serve this on game day or at a summer picnic, this vegan French Onion Dip is incredibly easy to make and will ease tensions on both sides.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh diced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced chives
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Califia Farms Zero Sugar Oatmilk
- Drizzle olive oil into a skillet over medium heat and add onions. Sauté until lightly browned and reduce heat to medium low. Add sugar, pinch of salt, and water. Stir occasionally. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the pan becomes dry. Cook until onions become jammy and browned/caramelized.
- Add caramelized onions to a food processor and pulse for about 3-5 seconds. Onions should still be slightly chunky, not fully smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add caramelized onions, parsley, chives, vegan sour cream, vegan mayo, onion powder, garlic powder, and Califia Farms Zero Sugar Oatmilk. Stir together until combined. Taste for salt and add as desired.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!