These Ginger Limeade Mini Pies qualify as fancy finger food, so they're a win-win in our book. Save this recipe for when you're craving a slightly sour, slightly sweet treat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Freeze Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
For the filling:
- ¾ cup Califia Farms Ginger Limeade
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then drained
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons agave
- Lime zest from one large lime
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Coconut whipped cream, for garnish
- Extra lime zest, optional garnish
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Add the crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted vegan butter to a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
- Evenly divide the mixture among the cupcake liners. Using your fingers, firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the base of each cup.
- Add the Califia Farms Ginger Limeade, lime juice, cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, agave, lime zest, and salt to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste, and add additional agave if desired.
- Evenly divide the filling among the cupcake liners. Tap the muffin tray on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles in the filling.
- Cover the tray with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 4 hours, or until the filling has set.
- When ready to enjoy, remove the mini pies from their liner and let sit out at room temp for 10-15 minutes so they thaw out a bit. When ready to serve, top with vegan whipped cream, a bit of lime zest and enjoy!