Valentine's Day is around the corner and we're getting you prepped with these adorable Heart-Shaped Shortbread Cookies! Whether your Valentine is a special someone or you're just treating yourself, this recipe only has 35 minutes of active work, meaning you can tackle it day-of if needed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 cup vegan margarine or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Califia Farms Oat + Almond Blend
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided in half
- 1 10-ounce package of vegan melting chocolate
- Sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat margarine/vegan butter and sugar on medium for 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and Califia Farms Oat + Almond Blend. Continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and flour and continue to mix until flour is fully incorporated and a soft dough is formed, about 20-30 seconds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add dough to a well-floured work surface and use a rolling pin to flatten until dough is about ¼ to ½ inch thick, depending on your preference. Using a 1.5 inch and 2 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, press into dough and add to a baking sheet. Repeat until the dough is fully used.
- Bake cookies for 25 minutes. Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour chocolate in a piping bag with the tip cut off (or use a spoon) to drizzle chocolate on top of cookies.
- Garnish with sprinkles and enjoy!