This Holiday Hot Chocolate is ultra-creamy, decadent, and velvety! Whipped together in only 10 short minutes, this hot chocolate is made with all dairy-free and vegan ingredients. This recipe can also easily be doubled to make larger batches for the whole family to enjoy.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 ½ cups Califia Farms Holiday Nog
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Vegan marshmallows for topping, optional
- Vegan chocolate or chocolate chips for topping, optional
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, add the Califia Farms Holiday Nog and arrowroot starch and bring to a boil for about 1-2 minutes, whisking frequently to prevent lumps.
- Add in the cocoa powder and continue to whisk until combined and smooth. Reduce the heat to low and add the chocolate chips, vanilla, maple syrup, and spices, continuing to whisk until completely smooth and mixture becomes thickened.
- To serve, pour hot chocolate mixture in prepared mugs and top with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Sip and enjoy!