A deliciously easy salad that works well on its own or as a side. Make a note of the dressing, it's tasty and you'll want to pair it will all your salads.
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 container (5oz) arugula
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into rounds
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a plate to cool. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid combine yogurt, lemon juice, oil, turmeric, garlic, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Screw on lid and shake to combine. To serve, place arugula and quinoa in a bowl and toss with yogurt dressing. Top with oranges, pomegranate seeds, and pistachios.