When your sweet tooth takes over, make this Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake. 1 hour, 9 ingredients and one loaf pan will do the trick!
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 tablespoon Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Coconut flakes, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease it using vegan butter or coconut oil.
- In a bowl, add the Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk and lemon juice, stirring it together and letting the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes or until it slightly thickens,
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, lemon zest, and sea salt and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the milk-lemon mixture and vegetable oil, mixing until combined and the batter becomes thick and smooth. Be cautious to not over-mix! Fold in the coconut flakes.
- Pour batter in the prepared loaf pan and evenly spread it out. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife that is inserted in the middle comes out clean. About halfway through the bake time, we like to poke very small holes in the bread to allow heat to penetrate and ensure it cooks through.
- Once done, remove cake from oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before gently removing it from the loaf pan to cool completely.
For the lemon glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, Toasted Coconut Almondmilk, and lemon juice until smooth and the glaze is thick enough, but slowly slides off whisk when lifted. If it's too thick, add 1 tablespoon of almond milk; if too thin, add 1-2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar.
- Once cake is cooled, drizzle the glaze on top, sprinkle with additional coconut flakes, slice, and enjoy!