Need a bright cheery recipe for spring? Look no further than these Lemon Donuts with a Lavender Glaze! Bright lemon donuts that are soft and moist with a lovely floral lavender glaze to compliment the lemon flavor perfectly!
1 1/2 tsps Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsps Lemon Extract
3 tbsps Oil (any neutral, I used extra light virgin olive oil)
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
Dried Lavender leaves, optional
Lemon Slices, for garnish
2 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
3 tbsps Lavender Syrup
2-3 tbsps Califia Farm Vanilla Oatmilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees °F. Spray a donut pan with oil.
- Mix together Califia Farm Unsweetened Almond Milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Then add lemon extract, oil, and sugar. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and add to wet ingredients and fold together until batter begins to form.
- Add batter to a ziploc bag or pastry bag. Cut a ½ inch hole in the bag and pipe batter onto donut pan. Be sure to only fill each donut cup half way.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Remove from donut pan onto a cooling rack.
- Add powdered, lavender syrup, and Vanilla Oatmilk to a medium size bowl. Whisk together until a thick glaze begins to form. Add more oatmilk as needed for a thinner glaze.
- Dip donuts into glaze. Garnish with dried lavender and lemon slices.