This dairy-free Maple Caramel Cornbread is the epitome of the perfect side dish for the holidays! It's generously soft and tender, full of maple and caramel flavors, and vegan.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Califia Farms Maple Caramel Creamer
- 1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and generously grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Line the bottom of the skillet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, whisking them together until well combined.
- To the same bowl, add the Califia Farms Maple Caramel Creamer, maple syrup, and melted butter, stirring everything together using a rubber spatula. Stir until well incorporated and the batter becomes thick, yet still easy to stir.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet and evenly spread around.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked through. We like to check the middle of the cornbread after about 25 minutes by using a sharp knife. If the sharp knife comes out entirely clean (with no bits of bread sticking to it), the bread is done. If not, it may need a few more minutes until fully cooked through.
- Remove cornbread from oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!