- 1¼ cups Unsweetened Pure Black Cold Brew Coffee
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed powder
- 1½ cups spelt flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- ½ cup melted/liquid coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Unsweetened Pure Black Cold Brew Coffee + flaxseed powder. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, salt, + cinnamon. Mix well. Add the cacao nibs + pecans, and mix to distribute. Set aside.
To the large bowl with the coffee-flax mixture, stir in 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar. Add the coconut oil + whisk very well. Add the dry mixture, + stir just enough to incorporate the ingredients – do not over-mix. Divide the batter evenly amongst the 10 oiled cups in the muffin tin, then sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven + let rest for several minutes in the pan before removing the muffins + transferring to a baking rack to continue to cool. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Makes 10 muffins.