This dairy-free and vegan holiday twist on a classic weekend breakfast is not to be missed! Baking this Peppermint Bark French Toast in the oven allows for a hands-off cook time, rather than frying each piece in a pan.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 9-10 pieces of vegan brioche bread, or bread of your choice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- 1 cup Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes, optional
- Toast your bread of choice in the oven by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Add bread to a baking sheet and toast until dry and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. (Stale bread works even better! If using stale bread, skip this step.)
- Combine cocoa powder, dark brown sugar, powdered sugar, and pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together. Then, add Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Creamer and Vanilla Almondmilk. Whisk until batter is smooth, then add peppermint extract and whisk again until combined.
- Add bread to an 8x11 baking dish and pour batter on top, ensuring all pieces of bread are coated.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Top with crushed candy canes if desired, and enjoy!