We could eat this peppermint mocha ganache all by itself, but it's even more delicious when added to these cute thumbprint cookies. This recipe is also kid-friendly -- they'll have a great time indenting the cookies with their thumbs!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup salted vegan butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup cane sugar, for rolling
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour and cornstarch together until combined and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the softened butter and powdered sugar and beat together using a hand mixer (or stand mixer) until light and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add half of the flour. Begin mixing on low until barely combined, then scrape down the bowl and add the remaining flour. Continue mixing until the dough becomes crumbly in appearance. Use your hands to gently press the dough together until it becomes one large piece.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal 1-inch wide balls. Roll each ball in the bowl filled with the cane sugar a few times to coat. Repeat this process for the remaining balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, roughly 3 inches apart. Slightly flatten each ball, then, using your thumb, or the back of a teaspoon, press down in the center of each disk to create an indentation.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes. Once removed, leave the cookies on the cookie sheet until completely cooled.
- Once the cookies have cooled, prepare the peppermint mocha ganache filling.
- To a small saucepan, add the Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Creamer and heat over the stove until steaming hot, but not boiling. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Transfer the ganache to a piping bag and fill each cookie with an equal portion of the chocolate. Allow the cookie to sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes, or until the ganache filling has firmed up. You can also place them in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Serve and enjoy!