This Pumpkin French Toast is the epitome of fluffy meets flavorful! Thick slices of brioche are drenched in a delicious pumpkin spice batter and transferred to the oven for a beautiful bake.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half
- 1 vegan brioche loaf, sliced (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Coconut whipped cream, optional
- Toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.), optional
- Pure maple syrup, optional
- Whisk together all the ingredients (except for the bread and the optional toppings) into a large bowl and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into the batter, soaking it for a few seconds on each side. Place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all slices are soaked.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, toasted nuts, and maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!