Mac n "Cheese" just got a seasonal upgrade. Say hello to this extra creamy, extra cozy Pumpkin Mac n "Cheese" that's dairy-free, without any compromise. This recipe serves 10 people and comes together under one hour, making it a great recipe to have on hand for seasonal parties.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin purée
- 3 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup reserved pasta water, add more as needed
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Oat Creamer
- Red pepper flakes, as desired
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 4 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1 pound cellentani or cavatappi noodles
- Seasoned breadcrumbs, optional
- Chives, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak cashews in water for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Boil your noodles per package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add cashews, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, thyme, ground mustard, cayenne, nutmeg, pumpkin purée, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, pasta water, Califia Farms Unsweetened Oat Creamer, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and vegan butter to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place cooked noodles in an oven safe 9x13 baking dish, then pour sauce on top. Top with breadcrumbs as desired and bake for 25 minutes.
- Finely chop chives and garnish as desired. Enjoy!