Bored of your usual pumpkin pie recipe? Meet its cooler, younger sibling. These Pumpkin Pie Bars might seem time-consuming at first, but we have a feeling your Thanksgiving crew will appreciate some newness on the table.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegan whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- Cinnamon, for garnish, optional
- Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together softened vegan butter with dark brown sugar with a hand mixer for 1 minute. Add Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Creamer and mix in. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold together until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Add cookie dough to a parchment-lined 8x8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Flatten dough with the bottom of a cup. Set aside and continue to cool.
- Separately, in a blender or food processor, combine pumpkin puree, cashews, Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Creamer, brown sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and kosher salt. Blend together until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the cookie crust. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with vegan whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon, optional. Enjoy!