This recipe was made by our friend Erin Jensen, a Minneapolis based food photographer, food stylist and founder of the healthy food blog, The Wooden Skillet. She loves to share her healthy recipes and lifestyle tips on her Instagram account @thewoodenskillet. When she is not behind the camera or developing recipes, Erin is a full-time lawyer, loves to be outside with her husband and two daughters or leisurely making her way through a 3-hour dinner at one of Minneapolis' best restaurants. She loves sharing snippets of her life and behind the scenes of her blog on her Instagram stories!
- (2) 15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3–4 cups cooked quinoa (cook per package instructions)
- 2 cups frozen edamame beans, shelled and thawed
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3–4 English cucumbers, cut into ribbons (or just cut into chunks)
Creamy Peanut Dressing:
- 1/3 cup drippy/extra-creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons water (more if needed)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (more if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
Then add water and whisk again (this should thin out the dressing). Add maple syrup and sesame seed oil and whisk to combine. Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time to thin out even more until you have reached your desired consistency. Taste and add additional maple syrup, as desired, whisk to combine.