This salad fully embraces autumn’s best with a delectable combination of sweet apples and bitter radicchio, complemented by a dairy-free, creamy vinaigrette.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 head radicchio, about 8-10 ounces
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon agave
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons Califia Farms Original Better Half
- 4 tablespoons oil, we recommend avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 semi-tart red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Flaky sea salt
- Fennel fronds for garnish
- Scant ¼ cup chopped and roasted unsalted almonds
- Separate the leaves of the radicchio head, then tear into smaller pieces. Place the leaves in a large bowl of ice water and let soak for at least 30 minutes. (This process mellows the sharp bite of the radicchio).
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the shallots, garlic, apple cider vinegar, ¾ teaspoon agave, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and Califia Farms Original Better Half. Slowly pour the oil into the bowl, while whisking continuously. Taste and add additional salt and/or agave as needed.
- Drain the radicchio and run through a salad spinner to dry. To a large bowl, add the radicchio, apple slices, fennel, and cranberries. Drizzle about ¾ of the dressing over the top, along with a few pinches of salt and toss well to combine. Taste and add additional dressing or salt as needed.
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter and garnish with a few fennel fronds and chopped almonds. Enjoy!