Packed with the flavors of fall, these delightful Spiced Apple Muffins are a satisfying treat to make at home. A simple pumpkin spice glaze completes each bite with just the right amount of seasonal flair.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
IngredientsFor the muffins:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oatmilk, room temperature
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown vegan sugar
- ⅔ cup shredded apples (any sweet variety works!)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the pumpkin spice glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Creamer, plus more if needed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Arrange oven rack to center position. Place muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- To a medium bowl, add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oatmilk, coconut oil, both sugars, shredded apples, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and lemon juice, and whisk well to combine.
- Sift the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and gently mix together with a large wooden spoon or spatula, until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter among the 12 muffin liners. Place in the oven, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let sit in the pan for 1 minute before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the muffins have completely cooled, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, add the powdered sugar and Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Creamer and mix until thick and glaze-like. If needed, add a bit more creamer, ½ teaspoon at a time if the glaze seems too thick.
- Drizzle a small amount of the glaze over each muffin and enjoy!