This easy one-pot soup is so comforting on cooler days! A vegan and dairy-free take on a classic butternut squash soup, it uses simple ingredients along with a tart-yet-sweet addition of apple.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 ounces peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 apple, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar to taste
- In a deep pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium low.
- Add in onions and garlic and allow them to sweat for 5-10 minutes with salt and pepper. Add in squash and apple and stir, letting cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in your broth, bring to a boil and then simmer until your squash and apples are soft.
- Transfer to a blender or use a handheld blender. Once creamy, add in Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk.
- Adjust taste with salt, pepper and sugar, as needed. Serve and enjoy!