These Strawberry Doughnuts are fluffy, soft, moist, and completely dairy-free. Whether serving these at a Galentine's Day gathering or for that sweet someone, you'll just need two bowls and a handful of ingredients to pull this off.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
For the doughnuts:
- 1 cup Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
For the strawberry glaze:
- 1-2 tablespoons Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- Festive sprinkles, for topping
For the doughnuts:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your doughnut baking pans, we used ones with 6 wells.
- In a bowl, add the Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk and apple cider vinegar, whisking together and letting it sit aside for 2-3 minutes. Then, add the oil, vanilla, and strawberry preserves, and whisk everything together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and sea salt. Finally, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just well combined and batter is thick and smooth, about 2-3 minutes of whisking time.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag and pipe batter into prepared doughnut pan wells, filling them about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until toothpick inserted into doughnuts comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before releasing the doughnuts from their pan and unto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk, and strawberry preserves until smooth and consistency is met. For a thicker glaze, add additional powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until consistency is met. For a thinner glaze, add additional almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until consistency is met.
- Once fully cooled, dip each doughnut into the prepared strawberry glaze and set them back onto a cooling rack so that the glaze hardens a bit. If desired, top with festive sprinkles. Repeat until all doughnuts are glazed and sprinkled. Enjoy!