Jamie Silva is the creator, recipe developer and photographer behind A Sassy Spoon—a website for home cooks and food lovers looking for classic comfort foods recipes with a fresh, seasonal, and modern twist. Born and raised from Cuban parents in South Florida, she enjoys developing recipes that evoke memories of her childhood, her rich heritage, and all the foodie adventures she's had along the way.
Now that the holiday feast is over, jump back on the winter soup train without skimping on taste. This butternut squash soup with a Thai twist includes flavor makers like fresh ginger, coconut cream, red curry paste and Worcestershire sauce (it works, trust us!).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounces) or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Creamer plus more for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes and sliced green onions for garnish