These Vegan Curry Meatballs are made with turmeric, spices, and herbs, and make the best comfort weeknight meal. Serve these with your favorite side dish such as rice, orzo, pasta, or greens!
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Califia Farms Original Almondmilk
- 1 13-ounce bag plant-based meatballs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegan-friendly soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Next, add the chopped onions and garlic, stirring until everything becomes translucent and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add plant-based meatballs and sear on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add all the seasonings (including the turmeric) and stir until combined, reducing the heat to medium.
- Add the Califia Farms Original Almondmilk, red curry paste, soy sauce, and vegetable stock, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, add the seared meatballs to sauce and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer meatballs in sauce for about 20 minutes, or until meatballs are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Once done, remove everything from the heat. We recommend serving meatballs with your favorite rice, orzo, mashed potatoes, or greens. Enjoy!