1 cup 1-to-1 gluten-free flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/8 teaspoon xanthum gum
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Heaping 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup banana, smashed (about 1 small banana)
1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
2 flax eggs
2 tablespoons ground flax meal, divided
4 tablespoons water, divided
1 cup zucchini, grated
1/3-1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1 tablespoon Califia Farms Plant Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place muffin tin liners in a 12 muffin tin and spray with olive oil. Set aside.
3. Take two small bowls and make two flax eggs by adding 1 tablespoon of ground flax
meal to each bowl and then 2 tablespoons of water to each bowl. Stir to mix the flax and
water together and then set aside for at least 5 minutes.
4. Grate your zucchini and squeeze out as much liquid as possible using either your hands,
paper towel or cheese cloth (don't skip this part!). Set aside.
5. Combine Dry Ingredients in a medium mixing bow. Stir to combine with a fork or whisk to
ensure no lumps and that everything combines really well. Set aside.
6. Take a large mixing bowl and add applesauce, mashed banana and almond milk. Stir to
7. Add the two flax eggs to the applesauce mixture and mix gently for just a few seconds.
8. Add the zucchini to the applesauce mixture and gently mix for just a few seconds.
9. Pour the Dry Ingredients about a 1/3 at a time into the Wet Ingredients and stir to
10. Once the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined (don't over-mix) add the chocolate
chips and melted Plant Butter.
11. Stir to combine, again being careful to not over-stir.
12. Scoop dough into muffin liners, filling almost to the top (they will rise a bit).
13. Bake on the middle rack for 32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
14. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and then carefully remove and place on a cooling rack as soon
15. Let fully cool before serving.