Vanilla Better Half Almond Milk Half and Half
Half almond milk and half coconut cream, Vanilla Better Half is a plant-based 1-to-1 swap for dairy half-and-half, with a touch of vanilla and zero sugar. Perfect for all your baking and dessert recipes, it’s the ultimate kitchen companion.
Ingredients: Almondmilk (Water, Almonds), Coconut Cream, Natural Vanilla Flavor With Other Natural Flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Monk Fruit Juice Concentrate, Sea Salt, Potassium Citrate, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum
The Ultimate Kitchen Companion
- HALF ALMOND MILK + HALF COCONUT CREAM: This is our kind of half & half, made with almond milk and coconut cream, with the comforting flavor of vanilla. A plant-based and dairy-free staple for your kitchen with 0g of sugar per serving.
- ZERO GRAMS OF SUGAR: All the creaminess and versatility of dairy half & half, just without the sugar or the dairy. Califia Farms Vanilla Better Half has 0g of sugar per serving.
- A 1-FOR-1 SWAP WITH DAIRY HALF & HALF: Use Califia Farms Better Half exactly how you use dairy half & half for the same results, just without the dairy. Swaps into all recipes at a one-to-one ratio.
- BLENDS SMOOTHLY INTO COFFEE: This plant-based non-dairy half & half blends beautifully into both hot and iced coffee, for a smooth and creamy cup of coffee every time.
- PERFECT FOR BAKING: Califia Farms Vanilla Better Half is perfect for all your baking needs. The comforting flavor of vanilla works perfectly in your favorite dessert recipes. It's a dairy-free staple for your kitchen.
Almondmilk (Water, Almonds), Coconut Cream, Natural Vanilla Flavor With Other Natural Flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Monk Fruit Juice Concentrate, Sea Salt, Potassium Citrate, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum
Perishable. Refrigerate After Opening. Shake Well For Best Taste.
Consume within 7-10 days of opening.
- 1½ cups spelt flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon flaxseeds (divided)
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Vanilla Better Half
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
Blackberry Flaxseed Scones
Position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, rolled oats, 1 tablespoon flaxseeds, 5½ tablespoons coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup Vanilla Better Half and lemon zest.
Add the liquid into the dry ingredients, and stir together until a sticky dough forms, taking care not to over-mix. Add the blackberries and fold in gently. Collect the dough into a round, and transfer onto a floured surface. Pat into a 1-inch-thick round, and cut into 8 wedges. Brush the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon Califia Farms Vanilla Better Half, and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon flaxseeds and ½ tablespoon coconut sugar. Use a spatula to transfer the scones onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer scones to a baking rack and let cool slightly.
Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 Scones.