CALIFIA FARMS CALIFORNIA BUSINESS
Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Applicability of Other Policies
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Disclosures of Information
Sales and Sharing of Personal
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
APPLICABILITYOF OTHER POLICIES
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of different situations, including but not limited to, through the mail and/or over the telephone. More specifically, in the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California business contacts, which will depend on the particular business purpose for which we collect it:
Categories of Personal
Examples of Personal
A real name, alias, postal address, unique
personal identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name,
Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other
California Customer Records.
A name, signature, Social Security number,
or, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state
identification card number, D&B report information, education,
employment, employment history, bank account information, trade references,
or any other financial information.
Protected classification characteristics
under California or federal law.
Age, race, national origin, sex (including
gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and
related medical conditions), or information relating to veteran or military
Purchasing or consuming histories or
Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history.
Audio information (such as call
Professional or employment-related
Current employer, job title.
Califia obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms or surveys you complete or services we provide you, or when you communicate with us about our ongoing business relationship.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our emails, among other things.
- Third parties. For example, third party partners and other vendor contacts may give us information about you.
USE OF INFORMATION
When you engage with us as a business contact, we use or disclose your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. If we seek to or do engage you as a vendor, contractor, provider, or other business relation, we use your information to communicate about our potential, current, or former business relationship;
- Verify your information and complete your reference and/or background checks (where applicable);
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your information or account with us;
- Process your requests or transactions and prevent transactional fraud;
- Provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our systems, services, databases, other technology assets, and business;
- Enable processing for legitimate business interests and internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of business contacts;
- Cooperate with law enforcement investigations and comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, and governmental requests;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages, and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Califia and others; E
- valuate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Califia’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Califia about our Consumers is among the assets transferred;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- Provide information to external parties such as auditors, regulators, etc. for the purpose of compliance matters
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
of Personal Information
Service providers, Accounting
and Tax Service Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security
California Customer Records.
Accounting and Tax Service Providers.
Protected classification characteristics under California
or federal law.
Accounting and Tax Service
Accounting and Tax Service
Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Service Providers.
Internet or other electronic network activity.
IT and Security Service
IT and Security Service Providers.
Professional or employment-related information.
Accounting and Tax Service Providers,
Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Service Providers.
SALES AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell” or “share.” “Sale,” for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have disclosed personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration, while “sharing” means we have disclosed information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Califia has not sold or shared your personal information.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ANDCHOICES
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request correction of your personal information, (3) request deletion of your personal information, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling (844) 237-4779 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.