Last Updated: March 1, 2023
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the Services or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy often to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Disclosures of Information
Targeted Advertising and Analytics
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
California and other State Privacy Information
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you sign up for emails on our Services, sign up to participate in our Feedback Panel and search for nearby products. The types of information about you that we collect include your email address, first and last name, age, mailing address, city, state, zip code, and favorite Califia product categories. You may optionally provide your gender, marital status, number of children, and ethnicity as part of our Feedback Panel.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
· Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through our Social Media pages.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate locationased on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services, and keep you informed about new products and recipes. We also use the information we collect to:
· Send you coupons, new products, formulations, or marketing initiatives if you participate in our Feedback Panel.
· Develop or improve products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
· Personalize your experience with us;
· Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
· Communicate with you about products, services, recipes, and events offered by Califia and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
· Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Targeted Advertising and Analytics section below);
· Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
· Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Califia and others;
· Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
· Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
· With vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing
· If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as disclosing your location through our product locator integration with Destini, we may disclose certain information with the integration partners.
· We may disclose your personal information to third parties to expand the reach and effectiveness of our own marketing campaigns. Depending on where you live, these activities may constitute “sales” or “sharing” and you may opt out of these disclosures here.
· If we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law
· If we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Califia, our users, the public, or others.
· With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
· In connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
· Between and among Califia and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
· With your consent or at your direction.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Califia Farms processes, maintains, and uses this information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify such information, except as permitted by law.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Califia is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent, relying on adequacy decisions, or executing Standard Contractual Clauses.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account on the Services. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Califia by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Links to other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this Policy does not apply to them. We provide links to products available on third-party websites for your convenience. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on or to our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and privacy policies. Please read the terms of such websites and applications carefully and exercise care when providing your personal information.
CALIFORNIA AND OTHER STATE PRIVACY INFORMATION
California and Other State Notice of Information Collected and/or Disclosed
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. In addition, privacy laws in Virginia provide consumers residing in that state certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California or Virginia resident, this section applies to you as indicated.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
Category of Personal Information
Examples of Personal Information
Name, mailing address, zip code, IP address, telephone
number, email address
California customer records or similar information in
states with applicable privacy laws
Name, address, telephone number, email address
Characteristics of protected classifications under state or
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or
considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
Internet or other electronic network activity information
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
Audio information (such as call recordings)
Approximate location based on IP address
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
of Personal Information
hosting and cloud storage providers, Customer support services providers, Customer
feedback services providers, Data analytics providers, Fraud prevention
services providers, Advertising and marketing partners
of protected classifications under state or federal law
feedback services providers
or other electronic network activity information
hosting and cloud storage providers, Data analytics providers, Fraud
prevention services providers, Advertising and marketing partners
and marketing partners
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you. We retain personal information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other purposes described in this Policy.
California Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we ”sell” or “share.” “Sale,” for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have disclosed personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration, while “sharing” means we have disclosed information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising. In addition, the CCPA has been interpreted to deem this “sharing” to also be a form of “sale.” Accordingly, in the preceding twelve (12) months, Califia has “sold” or “shared” your personal information to or with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, such as targeting of advertising to you based on your personal information obtained from your activity across businesses, websites, apps, and services other than our Services. See the Targeted Advertising and Analytics section above for more information about behavioral advertising. See Privacy Rights below to learn how to opt out of these activities.
We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Information Relevant to Other States
Virginia’s privacy law requires that we notify you if we use your information for Targeted Advertising. Targeted Advertising means displaying advertisements to you where the advertisement is selected based on personal information obtained from your activities over time and across nonaffiliated websites or online applications to predict your preferences or interests. See Privacy Rights
below to learn how to opt-out of these activities.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request correction of your personal information, (3) request deletion of your personal information, (4) opt out of any “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information that may be occurring or uses of your personal information for targeted advertising, and (5) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling (844) 237-4779 or sending an email to email@example.com. You can opt out of sales, sharing, or targeted advertising via the ‘Your Privacy Choices’ link at the bottom of this page. If we need to verify your request, we will do so by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us.
Opt-out Preference Signals
Some browsers allow you to enable privacy-controls in the browser’s settings to automatically signal your opt-out preference to the websites you visit (e.g., Global Privacy Control). We honor Global Privacy Control signals as a valid request to opt-out of the sharing of information linked to your browser. Please be aware, however, that opt-out preference tools are limited to the browser or device you are using. Also, to maintain your privacy preferences, your browser may save some information in its cookies and cache, and if you clear cookies, you may remove your opt-out preferences so that you may have to opt-out again.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please call (844) 237-4779.
If you are a Canadian resident, this section applies to you.
Consent: By submitting personal information to Califia, or our service providers and agents, you consent to the collection use, disclosure, and transfer of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and as permitted or required by law. You may withdraw your consent at any time to the collection, use, disclosure, or transfer of your personal information time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent (or if you decide not to provide certain personal information), you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you, or continue to provide you, with certain products, services, or information that may be of value to you.
Retention of Personal Information: The personal information that you provide will be retained by Califia in accordance with applicable laws. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Access and Correction: We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Upon your written request, and subject to certain exceptions provided by law, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. We may charge a minimal fee for providing such access to you. If you believe that the personal information that Califia holds about you is not accurate or complete, you may write to us at email@example.com. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate or complete, we will take reasonable steps to delete and/or correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. In order to facilitate a request to correct or update information, we may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Any such information will only be used for the purpose of confirming your identity and will not be retained by Califia.
Interest-Based Advertising: To opt-out of interest-based advertising, and to find information about how to block or limit cookies, visit AdChoices, the Canadian self-regulatory program for online interest-based advertising, administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”), at https://youradchoices.ca/.
Canada’s Anti Spam Law (“CASL”): We will only send you commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”) where we have your express or implied consent to do so. Your consent to receive CEMs is implied where we have an existing business relationship with you, or you have reached out to us and made an inquiry within a certain time frame. You may unsubscribe from receiving CEMs at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button on an email or following the direction provided in a text message.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.